Sunday, September 14, 2014

En Route to Norway 9/11/2014

The end of another summer and the start of another year. As the plane soars over the Atlantic and a blanket of darkness consumes the view out my airplane window, I can’t help but reflect and dream. A summer of work, friendship, and lasting memories comes to an end only for me to progress forward in my life as a second year student at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth. An overall successful first year (not without its troubles) can only foreshadow the wonderful year ahead. With plans of travel to France, London, Italy, and Germany, feelings of optimism run through me. More importantly, a feeling of being blessed by the opportunity that has been afforded to me. To have parents who from day one supported me when I first brought up school in Ireland is humbling. Even more so, as when I made mistakes, they were still two sets of hands reaching across the ocean to help pick me up and teach me the right way of doing things. Needless to say, as the wheels of the plane gently bounce onto the tarmac in Oslo, Norway and I take my first steps into what is another year of new discoveries, my mindset will be an open one, full of peace of mind and an undying feeling f gratitude towards all my friends, families, and those who have made me who I am today (well…tonight).

JFK Airport Terminal 1

Above Norway

No comments:

Post a Comment